Sunday 21 August 2011

Bucket & Spade and Other Beads!

I'd had this set of beach beads in my head for a while, and I finally got around to making them this weekend. I love making murrini, so these barnacles were a good excuse to pull some starburst cane. These beads remind me of beach holidays in Bournemouth, when my Grandad would buy me a new bucket and spade and a little packet of paper flags. Bliss!

So, here they are, Bucket & Spade;


This is another set I've been wanting to make. I've wrapped shards of glass around a base bead and then used some flame jiggery pokery to get a nice oil-slick effect of blues and purples. I've called this set 'Voyager' in honour of Voyager 2, which launched 34 years ago yesterday, in Silver Jubilee year, and is currently around 13 light hours from Earth. Yes, I know, I'm a geek...








Then I made some pebbles. Always nice.




I played with some silver glass twistie, getting a nice organic reaction with one of my favourite terracotta red glasses.

And because I like blue...
That's all for now. I'm off to enjoy the rest of the summer while it lasts!


1 comment:

Erin said...

whoa and holy crow! the first photo is amazing! Those beads are so cool and unusual. lllllllooooovvvve them. xoxo