While I was busily making jewellery today I was thinking about all that has happened in 2008. Here are a few of my 2008 glassy highlights;
- My fabulous trip to Venice and Murano in May where I saw the glass masters at work.
- Having my first project accepted by Bead Magazine. (To be published on 21st Jan 2009)
- Developing my "Fossil Series" of beads.
- Learning new techniques, including implosions.
- Being featured as Artist of the Month on Frit Happens.
- Visiting Ray Skene's fabulous studio at The Model House.
- Learning to encase beads. (Thank you Lorna!)
- Mastering Jens Pind Linkage! (Thank you George)
- Creating my first pieces of silver.
- Raising £3200 for the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust by auctioning eight pieces of jewellery. (Next auction taking place in January 2009!)
- Being part of the very first UK Flame Off at Towcester in April.
- Attending my first Art in Action event in July.
- The International Glass Festival in Stourbridge in August.
- Being included in the Frit Happens 2009 Calendar as Miss January!
- Creating a piece of jewellery for Samantha Janus, and receiving a personal thank you.
- Being featured in the Spotlight slot at Dichroicglass.co.uk
- Having my work accepted in the Gallery of the Jinney Ring Craft Centre.
- Meeting lots of fellow glassheads and making some good friends.
Wow, that was quite a year!
On the non-glassy front the best thing that has happened for me is getting a brand new job, just 15 minutes up the road, which I start on January 5th!
So that's that then, 2008 is almost over. Soon we'll have a brand new year to make our mark on. I hope it's a good one for all of us. Happy New Year!