Monday 1 October 2007

Made from scratch!

I am very pleased with this necklace. It was a good way of using up some spare beads that I had, and it acts as a kind of sampler necklace. I keep looking at it because I can't believe I've actually created it all myself from just a few rods of glass and a length of sterling silver wire. I am thoroughly enjoying experimenting. The best part is that I have a legitimate excuse for making a lot of noise with a hammer and anvil! This design uses the same technique as the bracelet I made, so they match beautifully.



I keep waiting for the postman, as I have some fabulous new presses arriving soon from the US (hopefully!) I'm very excited as they're fabulous shapes.


I almost forgot! This little fish was the result of a glassy doodle just the other day. I can't really take the credit as he just seemed to emerge all by himself! I'm quite certain that he's not anatomically accurate, but he's spurred me on to have another go!



 

No comments: