Sunday 18 January 2009

New Studio Open!

I have just opened my new online Studio at ArtFire.com, which is a relatively new online marketplace for all things art and craft. You can visit my Studio here. Don't forget to bookmark it!

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

It works in a similar way to Etsy, but instead of charging a listing fee and a commission for each item sold, ArtFire is FREE! You can list as many items as you like and it won't cost you a penny. You can upgrade to "verified account" status, which gives you a few more benefits for $7 per month, and that is guaranteed FOR LIFE! Pretty soon it will change to $20 a month, so acting early has hopefully saved me a small fortune - and that means more money for glass! On a good month I can pay way more than $7 on fees, so I think I'm on to a winner.

The thing that really made me decide to open an ArtFire Studio is the fact that they are planning to spend $7 to $10 million dollars on advertising in the next 12 months. Now that has to be a good thing. I mean, how many people do you meet who have even heard of Etsy, let along shopped there?

If you would like to jump on this particular bandwagon with me and sign up for $7 a month, for life, you can apply here. (If you use that link I'd be really grateful as I might end up with a free account for directing you there. Even more money for glass!)
ArtFire has its own equivalent of a Mini Etsy, called a Shop Window. Mine is in need of some tweaking so I can get it to work, and that's the thing with selling in different forums. Each place has it's own way of doing things, and it can be a drag getting to grips with it in the beginning. However, I really like the concept of ArtFire, so I think its worth it.


No comments: