Friday 30 May 2008

Jinney Ring Craft Centre

I am absolutely thrilled that a local Craft Centre has taken my jewellery for their Gallery. The Jinney Ring Craft Centre is a great place with a diverse range of craft workshops.

One of my favourite things to do on a Friday is visit the glass studio where Stuart and Carina produce the most fabulous freeblown glass objects. While there are lots of similarities between studio glass and lampwork, there are enormous differences too. While I'm manipulating blobs of molten glass on the end of a 9" mandrel, Stuart and Carina are hefting great dollops of the stuff on 6' long punty rods.

I would definitely recommend the Jinney Ring Craft Centre if you're in the Worcestershire area, not least because they have a Chocolate Deli in one of the workshops. From molten glass to molten chocolate in just a few paces. Heaven!

You can find out more about the Jinney Ring here;

http://www.jinneyringcraft.co.uk

No comments: