Saturday 28 March 2009

Across the Galaxy

I have just one set of beads to show you this week. There were others, but I made them into jewellery and gave them away as gifts before I managed to photograph the. You will just have to take my word for it that they were pretty!

The set I'm showing you here is a classy set of ten silver-rich glass beads. Parts of the beads have taken on a fabulous mirror-finish, and the flame has managed to "pop" blues, greens, pinks, purples and even a little gold.



I tend to have a love-hate relationship with silver glass. It rarely does what I want it to, but then it can be quite exciting not knowing exactly the effect that I have achieved until I open the kiln the next morning. If I was more organised and took more notes of the glass combinations and types of flame that I've subjected my beads to, I might stand a chance of being able to replicate bead sets. As it is, the advantage of my chaotic style is that my beads usually are complete one-off productions!

3 comments:

BeadyPool said...

They are gorgeous, I love all the colours that seem to shift in the beads.
BTW I finally made something with the beads I bought from you (ages ago) - the pics are on flickr and my facebook page http://artist.to/beadypool I hope you like it:) I suddenly had a falsh of inspiration. Vx

Mel P said...

Yummy beads, I love the light play on them xxx

Sue Doran said...

Wow, they look like the rainbows that oil creates when it's on water. Shiny and organic at the same time - will make lovely jewellery.