Sunday 1 March 2009

Dotty about Dots!

I can't stop making these dotty beads at the moment. I'm loving experimenting with colour combinations, and seeing the fabulous colour reactions that rubino creates. I also find that making sets of these beads is really relaxing. They're not terribly difficult, but they do require a degree of precision, and while I'm concentrating on placing my dots, I'm not thinking about anything else, which can be quite nice for a while!


Not that I have things that I need to avoid thinking about. In actual fact I feel in a very good place at the moment. We've had some glorious sunshine today, and I'm beginning to believe that Spring may actually be on its way. I am choosing to ignore any weather forecasts that mention "snow" on Wednesday!

With the arrival of Spring will come the second Flame Off event at Towcester, which I am eagerly anticipating. I plan to be there on the Friday and Saturday, and I'm looking forward to having a play on some different torches. I need to stock up on some glass too, and it's always nice to be able to select it "in person" rather than online.

That reminds me! I am shortly going to be building myself a new glass storage system. This is part of an attempt to be more organised and to keep my studio tidier. Well, that's the plan anyway! I promise some piccies of my new storage when it's completed.

7 comments:

Nicola said...

WOW - those beads look fabulous
Adore the Ribena Berry Purple ones
Fabulous photos too :)
Nic xx

Anonymous said...

these are lush!

Diana Ferreira said...

Oh that is lovely! I am also a lover of the dottyness of dotty beads! Cleaned 130 tiny dotty beads on Friday ...

Kebo Jewellery said...

These are beautiful Heather. Fantastic colour combos and I really like the deep purple with green (?).
Kelly B
x

BeadyPool said...

Scrummy dots - lovely

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

ooh these are gorgeous, Heather!! The periwinkle and rubino are YUM!! xox

Erin said...

If you can't stop, then don't stop! I'd wear a whole heap of your beads all at once in a huge masterpiece. Your work in colour energizes my creative soul